Today, American officially launched its redesigned website, which is aesthetically more pleasing at initial glance. From what I can tell, the functionality is the same as before, but to be honest, I don’t fly American much at all. From what I’ve read on this thread over at Flyertalk, it sounds like most were hoping for new functionality and not just a cosmetic overhaul.
According to the website,
“With the refreshed and redesigned AA.com, it’s easy to book, explore and plan all your travel needs in one place. Because we’ve organized things better. Made it more intuitive. Smarter. Simpler. Cleaner. All to help bring your next trip closer to reality. Here are just some of the changes we’ve made:
- Moved navigation menu to the top for ease of use
- Added icons to help you find what you want
- Placed booking tool prominently in top left
- Reduced clutter and simplified the page
- Improved readability with larger font”