- As widely reported, American Airlines and US Airways have entered into a non-disclosure agreement. It allows the two airlines to share confidential and financial information and evaluate their options for a merger. All will be hush hush until a transaction is agreed upon or talks are terminated.
- United Airlines pilots say contract talks have stalled again. Both the airline and union earlier in August said they had the beginnings of a deal that seemed likely. Not so much as we head into Labor Day weekend. Pilots say management added terms to previously agreed upon language.
- Expedia has added “mobile only” hotel rates. Users of Expedia’s mobile app can apparently save “up to 30%” on hotels in North America and Europe. I’m following a price fixing story between OTAs and hotels and will have to check out if these are indeed exclusive rates and/or savings.
- Sticking with the online theme for a moment, the Mars Curiosity rover posted a scathing review of Mars on TripAdvisor. It claims Mars is nothing like the brochure and only gave it 0.5 stars. Ouch. 😉
- I wish this story were fake, but it isn’t. US Airways hung a banner welcoming the DNC to Charlotte. See anything wrong in the banner?
- Finally, we get a peek inside a private Boeing 787-8 Intercontinental from Boeing. It includes eight sleeping suites, named Aeroloft. Four pictures are included. I’m not that impressed, actually. But maybe that’s the staff quarters.