- Southwest Airlines is now a Club Carlson partner. Yeah, I’m a week late to report this news, but I just learned about it last night. Now through March 31, Rapid Rewards members can earn double points in a promotional offer.
- The 2012 United Nations WTO traveler numbers are in and 1.035 billion tourists crossed international borders last year, a 4% increase over 2011. Growth rates this year are projected at 3-4%.
- Popular Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood will be stepping down from President Obama’s Cabinet. He served in the position since 2009 and was well-liked across aisles (no pun intended).
- JetBlue took the top spot in an analysis ranking the top 10 U.S. airlines on Twitter, being the most followed airline. But American Airlines proved the “most social” being the carrier most active on Twitter. Kudos to both!
- American Airlines continued a tour of its 737 sporting the new livery. Today’s stop was Chicago O’Hare after yesterday’s event at Dallas-Fort Worth. Next up is Los Angeles on Thursday… why did I move again? And check out the 777-300 in the new colors.
- After a very long remodel, Cathay Pacific will re-open The Wing First Class Lounge in Hong Kong next week. It was definitely in need of a refresh. Here’s what it looked like during my visit in 2011.