I’ve reviewed 48 amenity kits to date here on Frequently Flying and bring you the latest “top 10” list below. When I began my Amenity Kit Review series in 2010, I developed a 7-point scoring system as follows:
And earlier this year, I put out a poll asking you, my faithful readers, if I should change it to a more traditional 5- or 10-point scale. While a 10-pointer was shown to be most preferred, I was surprised at how many of you voted for my existing system. As such, I’m leaving it alone for now, though I could be persuaded otherwise in the future. 😉
Here’s the current top 10:
- Thai Airways Royal First Class (Rimowa) – Score: 6.50/7.00
- Thai Airways Royal First Class (Men’s Tumi) – Score: 6.40/7.00
- Emirates First Class (Women’s) – Score: 6.25/7.00
- Air Astana Long-Haul Business Class (Men’s) – Score: 6.05/7.00
- British Airways First Class (Anya Hindmarch) – Score: 6.00/7.00
- Cathay Pacific First Class (Women’s Ipa-Nima) – Score: 6.00/7.00
- Lufthansa First Class (Men’s Bogner) – Score: 5.90/7.00
- United Airlines Global First Class – Score: 5.88/7.00
- Asiana Airlines First Class – Score: 5.85/7.00
- Singapore Airlines First Class (Sothys) – Score: 5.58/7.00
New Amenity Kit Review Index Page
I’ll be sure to update the index with each new review and I’m looking forward to continuing this series in the years to come.
– Follow Darren Booth on Twitter, @FrequentlyFlyin, for more airline, hotel and travel industry news, reviews and opinions.