US Airways upped the bonus mile offer on their co-branded credit card with Barclays.
Previously, the bonus was 30,000 miles after the first purchase. But they’ve upped the bonus 10k miles to 40,000 Dividend Miles for new applicants of the Premier World MasterCard. And there’s a chance to increase your total bonus to 50,000 miles. Here are the details:
Application Link: US Airways Premier World MasterCard
- Earn up to 50,000 bonus miles – 40,000 miles after your first purchase on the card and up to 10,000 bonus miles when you transfer a balance within 90-days of account opening. You’ll earn 1 mile per $1 of balances transferred to your card in that time, up to the 10,000-mile maximum.
- Earn 2 miles per $1 on US Airways purchases and 1 mile per $1 spent elsewhere.
- Redeem flights for 5,000 fewer miles – reward travel starts at only 20,000 miles for cardmembers.
- First Class check-in and Zone 2 Boarding.
- Two companion tickets every year – redemptions start at $99.
- One complimentary US Airways Club day pass every year.
- Annual fee: $89.
Applicants who don’t qualify for the Premier World MasterCard will be considered for the World MasterCard, which offers the following bonus miles and accrual:
- Earn up to 25,000 bonus miles – 15,000 miles after your first purchase on the card and up to 10,000 bonus miles when you transfer a balance within 90-days of account opening.
- Earn 1 mile per $1 on US Airways and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases.
I’m definitely considering grabbing this card, but will likely wait to see if US Airways comes out with any Dividend Miles promotions in January. I certainly missed the Grand Slam promotion this year.
I receive a referral credit if you use some of the links on this page. I remain grateful to any who apply using those links as blogging is my full-time job. The decision to apply for credit is yours and includes the responsibility to read and understand all terms and conditions.