[Edited September 3, 2013: This offer has expired and the application links have been removed. I’m leaving the details of the former limited-time offer below for reference.]
In the unlikely event you haven’t already seen the posts from other bloggers, American Express has rolled out a limited time offer through September 3, 2013 for both the personal and business Starwood Preferred Guest® cards.
Application link (personal card): Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
Both cards now offer up to 30,000 bonus Starpoints® (up from 25k), 10,000 after your first purchase and 20,000 after spending $5,000 within the first six months of Cardmembership.
The main attraction of these cards for me personally (as I’m not a Starwood loyalist) is the ability to transfer the points into a slew of airline programs – 30 to be exact, including American, Delta, United and US Airways here in the U.S. Other programs of interest to me are Emirates, Etihad and Qatar. Plus, the best part of transferring points to an airline is that for every 20,000 Starpoints® transferred within the same transaction, Starwood will automatically add another 5,000 Starpoints®.
Here are a few more details for the personal card:
Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Offer has Ended: earn up to 30K bonus Starpoints®:10K after your first purchase and 20K after you spend $5K in purchases on the card within the first 6 mo. Offer expires 9/3/2013
- That’s enough for a weekend getaway to a Category 4 Hotel.
- Free Hotel Nights: redeem Starpoints® at over 1,100 hotels in nearly 100 countries worldwide – with no blackout dates. Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges.
- Free Flights: redeem Starpoints® on over 350 airlines with SPG Flights – with no blackout dates
- No limits on the number of Starpoints® you can earn
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65
- Terms and Restrictions Apply
And the business card is basically identical:
Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
- Offer has Ended: Earn up to 30,000 Starpoints®. Offer ends September 3, 2013.
- Earn 10,000 Starpoints® after your First Purchase on the Card and another 20,000 after you make $5,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in the first 6 months of Cardmembership.
- Earn 1 Starpoint® for each dollar of eligible purchases.
- Earn more Starpoints® for stays.
- Redeem Starpoints® for free flights on over 350 airlines with SPG Flights with no blackout dates.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65.
- Terms and limitations apply.
– Follow Darren Booth on Twitter, @FrequentlyFlyin, for more airline, hotel and travel industry news, reviews and opinions.
I receive a referral credit if you successfully apply for a card using the links on this post. I remain grateful to any who apply using those links and thank you for your support of my blog. The decision to apply for credit is yours and includes the responsibility to read and understand all terms and conditions.
This content is not provided or commissioned by the company whose products are featured on this site (“Advertiser”). Any opinions, analyses, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser. This site may be compensated through the Advertiser’s affiliate programs.