It’s the start of a new month and here’s a look back at the top 10 viewed posts here on Frequently Flying in August.
- You can earn up to 7,500 United Airlines MileagePlus miles buying Marriott gift cards until September 7.
- I began a multi-part series exploring my “addiction” to airline and hotel elite status: Confessions of an Elite Status Junkie – Part One; and Confessions of an Elite Status Junkie – Part Two.
- Forbes published a list of what it considers the world’s seven best first class amenity kits. As many of you commented, some appearing on the list are questionable choices, and I think they missed a couple of major ones.
- I explored United’s current Premier Accelerator rates as an option to fast track to a higher status, as I pondered if it’s even worth it for me to go for Platinum over settling for lifetime Premier Gold.
- United is swapping out 747s for 777s on its Australia flights beginning at the end of next March. Upgrades will be much more difficult with the resulting drop in capacity. In-flight entertainment, however, will be a big step up for coach passengers on this route. The post also lists additional international flying changes.
- A video of JetBlue’s new premium cabin on its A321s leaked a couple of days ahead of the official announcement.
- I finally got my hands on a Singapore Airlines First Class amenity kit for a review, thanks to a fellow blogger. The bag itself was disappointing, but the kit offered other top-notch amenities.
- And finally, American’s new three-class premium transcon A321s are appearing online and available on flights beginning in January.
– Follow Darren Booth on Twitter, @FrequentlyFlyin, for more airline, hotel and travel industry news, reviews and opinions.