Christmas may be over (Hanukkah just about), but I’m giving away two Starwood Preferred Guest 50% off RACK rate certificates that are good through December 31, 2013.
As you probably know, rack rates are definitely more expensive than the cheapest best available room rates, but the use of these certificates on suites can really save money, especially in Europe. The certs are valid for one to five consecutive night stays at participating Starwood hotels or resorts worldwide, subject to availability.
As far as I know, the only way to book a stay using these is by calling SPG reservations, but I have read that people successfully used the online chat feature to check rack rates as they aren’t typically published online.
There are terms and conditions, of course, but most are what you’d expect:
- Maximum of five consecutive nights
- Certs may not be applied toward service charges, room tax, food & beverage, parking, gratuities, gift shop purchases or other incidentals and taxes
- Cert must be presented at check-in
- Member will receive Starpoints for paid portion of stay only
- Not combinable with other room rate discounts or specials
- Good for only one room during the stay
- Not valid in Hawaii, French Polynesia or at the Sheraton Bahrain Hotel
I’m giving two away, separately, so leave a comment if you’re interested and on Wednesday at 12:00pm PST (December 28, 2011), I’ll use random.org to select two recipients. The only rule is that you can only leave one comment on this post per person/email. Be sure to use your real email address as that’s the way I’ll contact the winners. If your comment gets hung up in moderation, not to worry… I’ll get it approved and posted as soon as possible, definitely before the deadline.
Happy Holidays from me to you!