There are oodles of BoardingArea and other bloggers giving away hotel points and other great travel items, and I uncovered another Starwood Preferred Guest 50% off rack rate certificate I’d like a lucky reader to have.
As you probably know, rack rates are definitely more expensive than the cheapest best available room rates, but the use of this certificate on suites can really save money, especially in Europe. The cert is valid for one to five consecutive night stays at participating Starwood hotels or resorts worldwide, subject to availability.
As far as I know, the only way to book a stay using these is by calling SPG reservations, but I have read that people successfully used the online chat feature to check rack rates as they aren’t typically published online.
There are terms and conditions, of course, but most are what you’d expect:
- Certificate expires December 31, 2013
- Maximum of five consecutive nights
- Certs may not be applied toward service charges, room tax, food & beverage, parking, gratuities, gift shop purchases or other incidentals and taxes
- Cert must be presented at check-in
- Member will receive Starpoints for paid portion of stay only
- Not combinable with other room rate discounts or specials
- Good for only one room during the stay
- Not valid in Hawaii, French Polynesia or at the Sheraton Bahrain Hotel
Leave a comment if you’re interested and on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 12:00pm PST, I’ll use random.org to select the lucky recipient. The only “rule” is that you can only leave one comment on this post per person/email. Oh, and not to worry if your comment gets held “in moderation.” I’ll be sure to get it approved ASAP.
[Edited 2/24/12 at 12:00pm PST: Comments are now closed.]