August 31 is the last day to request enrollment in JetBlue’s TrueBlue Mosaic Challenge, where (once approved) TrueBlue members will have 90 days to earn 3,750 base flight points to lock in Mosaic status.
The program is open to frequent fliers holding elite status with Alaska Airlines, American, Delta, Southwest, United and US Airways. To sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
1) Your valid and current TrueBlue number in the body of the email; and
2) Your most recent statement, current credentials card, or some other documentation showing your current membership and status in one of the eligible loyalty programs.
After about two weeks, you should receive an email from TrueBlue informing you whether your application into the challenge has been accepted, as well as providing the date your 90-day challenge period begins.
Then, you’ll have 90 days to earn 3,750 base flight points, which are the 3 points per $1 you earn on the base fare of your individual JetBlue flight. All other bonus points, partner points and booking bonuses do not count.
Mosaic status (or rather, the “badge” as JetBlue calls it), provides the following benefits:
- Change and cancellation fees are waived for Mosaic members and others on their itinerary by calling the dedicated customer service line
- Two free checked bags for everyone flying on a Mosaic member’s reservation
- Complimentary access to Even More Speed (expedited security) at participating airports
- Early boarding privileges
- Bonus points where you can earn an additional 3 TrueBlue points per dollar on your JetBlue flight, for a total of 9 points per eligible dollar if your flights are booked online directly with JetBlue
- Ability to redeem TrueBlue points for Even More Space (enhanced legroom) seating
For more details on the Mosaic Challenge, click here.
– Follow Darren Booth on Twitter, @FrequentlyFlyin, for more airline, hotel and travel industry news, reviews and opinions.