A brief sampling of industry news that caught my attention today:
- American Airlines briefly had frequent fliers in a panic today, as the airline mistakenly added fuel surcharges to certain AAdvantage award tickets on partner airlines (other than the existing ones you’ll find on British Airways and Iberia).
- United Airlines will reportedly announce new transpacific service from San Francisco tomorrow.
- US Airways has moved to American’s terminal at New York’s JFK airport, effective today.
- Traveling to Iraq next year? A new 202-room Sheraton will open in Dohuk in 2014 featuring two restaurants and four (!!) lounges.
- Do you ever wonder what it’s like to be an upscale hotel’s butler? I found the linked interview with The Lanesborough’s (London) head butler rather interesting. Would you ever request a hotel to “make snow?!”
â€“ Follow Darren Booth on Twitter, @FrequentlyFlyin, for more airline, hotel and travel industry news, reviews and opinions.