[Updated: This offer had expired.]
In case you haven’t already read about the new Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Visa Signature card from other bloggers, here’s the scoop. This card has now become more competitive in terms of ancillary benefits compared to previous iterations and those cards of competing airlines, such as the Chase United Airlines Explorer card.
Here are the details:
- Earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after $1,000 in purchases within the first three months of membership.
- Free first checked bag for you and up to four traveling companions.
- Priority Boarding privileges and 25% off in-flight food, beverages and headsets.
- Earn a $100 American Airlines flight discount every year if you spend $30,000 or more each year on your card.
- Receive double AAdvantage miles on eligible American Airlines purchases.
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage miles back, up to 10,000 miles per year.
The standard variable APR for this card is 15.24%, similar to the previous Citi/AAdvantage Visa Signature card, and the annual fee is $95/year after the first year of free membership.
Fellow blogger AAdvantage Geek reached out to his contacts at American and found out current Citi AAdvantage cardholders will qualify for these new perks effective today – except the 30,000 mileage bonus as an existing cardholder – if they hold the following cards:
While the 30K mileage bonus isn’t as phenomenal as previous offers, the other new benefits are generous if you meet the criteria.
You can read the full fine print and sign up for this card here.
I receive a small commission if you get approved for a card by using the links in this post. I remain grateful for any who do and can confirm that I myself have a Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature card. I’m quite pleased with it and the bonus miles I received helped me redeem miles for a First Class trip to Hong Kong.