- American Airlines has a new sweepstakes offering a slew of prizes, including first class tickets for two, Admirals Club memberships, tablets, headphones and more. Daily drawings for 1,000 AAdvantage miles are also a part of the promo.
- Boeing has asked the FAA to resume 787 test flights to aid in finding a cause of the battery problems. The FAA is currently evaluating the request.
- A not-so-new hotel trend is gaining momentum as more hoteliers offer dual-branded locations. From combo JW Marriott/Ritz-Carlton properties to Hilton Garden Inn/Hamptons, it seems to be a big win with developers.
- Both Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson and San Francisco International broke passenger records in 2012. Atlanta retained the top spot as busiest airport in the world.
- A drunk (off-duty) British Airways pilot reportedly groped a first class passenger on a flight from London to Japan. If the reporting is accurate, he made quite a scene. And he had just returned to work after a suspension for punching a flight attendant last year.
- Kudos to United Airlines employees who will be receiving a $100 bonus for the airline’s recent on-time performance. United ended the month of January with an 82.8 percent domestic on-time arrival rate, and an 80.5 percent international on-time rate, resulting in the best combined domestic and international performance for the month in 10 years.