[Edited 9/5/12: This offer has now expired and I’ve removed the links.]
In the unlikely event you haven’t read about the limited time credit card offer from Starwood and American Express, here it is.
If you apply for the card before September 4, 2012, you can earn up to 30,000 bonus Starpoints in the SPG hotel loyalty program. Both the Personal Card and Business Card feature this upgraded bonus, so for those of you who have a business (sole proprietorship included), this could be a fantastic way to rack up 60,000 bonus Starpoints.
Application page for the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Credit Card
Application page for the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Business Credit Card
Here are the offer details:
- Earn up to 30,000 bonus Starpoints – 10,000 bonus points after making your first purchase on the card and 20,000 bonus points if you spend at least $5,000 in the first 6 months of cardmembership.
- $0 annual fee for the first year, $65 each year thereafter.
- Earn up to 5 Starpoints per dollar spent at participating SPG hotels and resorts and 1 Starpoint everywhere else.
- Receive credit for 5 nights and 2 stays annually towards SPG elite status (or 10 nights and 4 stays if you get both the personal and business card.)
- Stay 4 nights and get the 5th night free through December 25, 2012, plus up to $100 of resort credit at participating Hawaii and French Polynesia resorts.
- Redeem Starpoints at more than 1,000 hotels and resorts and for flight on more than 350 airlines through SPG Flights, all with no blackout dates.
- For the business card: Save 3% to 10% on business expenses from FedEx, Hertz, OfficeMax, and more with American Express OPEN Savings.
The full text and specifics of the offer, as well as card terms and conditions, can be found here for the Personal AMEX or here for the Business AMEX.
I’m sticking with Hilton and Radisson (Club Carlson) at the moment for my programs of choice, so I’m not personally taking advantage of this offer. I hear, however, that many find the Starwood Preferred Guest program, and this card, particularly rewarding. Starwood properties include:
- Four Points by Sheraton
- W Hotels
- Element Hotels
- St. Regis
- The Luxury Collection
- Le Meridien
I receive a referral credit if you use the links on this page and successfully apply for a card. I remain grateful to any who use my links as blogging is my full-time job. The decision to apply for credit is yours and includes the responsibility to read and understand all terms and conditions.