- I love Ryanair’s CEO. He’s not afraid to speak his mind and while I disagree with him, he’s calling those passengers who don’t print their boarding passes in advance “idiots.” He further explains they are “stupid” for paying the surcharge at the airport by neglecting to take this step.
- A lost bag is one thing, but how about one that’s sprayed with raw sewage? An unfortunate mechanical failure drenched dozens of British Airways’ passengers bags with raw sewage at London’s Heathrow Airport. Ick.
- Yesterday, Dallas-Fort Worth airport’s concessions committee approved a measure allowing American Express to operate a VIP lounge at DFW. American Airlines isn’t too happy, but I actually welcome the idea. I have a feeling it’ll be more “elite” than current airline offerings.
- Delta Air Lines opened a new SkyClub at LaGuardia Airport today in Terminal C. Formerly a US Airways club, it offers a full service bar, art featuring aerial landscapes of the region, satellite television and a work zone complete with complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Delta released its August financial results today. The airline enjoyed a 4% growth in PRASM, a 99.4% completion factor and an on-time performance rate of 83.9 percent.
- US Airways also revealed results from August. The airline’s PRASM growth wasn’t as impressive at only 1%, but on-time performance came in at 83.5 percent with a completion factor of 99.0 percent.